Established in 1840, McCaughen and Burr is the oldest art gallery west of the Mississippi River. Our days began on the river front and from there we have seen many of the different districts of St. Louis. Ranging from the river front, to the heart of the city, the Central West End and now located Webster Groves, our roots are deep within the St. Louis community. When William McCaughen met Calvin Burr, a newsboy who would later marry McCaughen’s daughter, McCaughen and Burr was founded. The gallery ownership has never left the decedents of McCaughen and Burr, and today is run by the sixth and seventh generation. Throughout the years McCaughen and Burr has been instrumental in some of St. Louis and Missouri’s most important restorations. In the 1950’s the firm undertook the daunting task of restoring the Missouri State Capitols famed art collection culminating in the cleaning and restoration of the capitols rotunda. Our restoration staff at McCaughen and Burr has fielded invites from prestigious institutions including the Louvre Museum in Paris. McCaughen and Burr has worked with many notable corporations in preserving their collections of paintings and object d’art. Most notably, McCaughen and Burr has been entrusted to many St. Louis private collections in the care and restoration of their paintings. Today, McCaughen and Burr continue the legacy of William McCaughen and Calvin Burr as being the name in Fine Arts in St. Louis.